Conflict with Partner is one of the major obstacles facing business owners both men and women. Business owners tend to spend countless hours to get their business off the ground and start making profits. Having an angry partner will only cause more anxiety, stress and leave them with an additional obstacle to overcome.
It is important that you maintain a positive attitude towards your business and if your family is working against you, that becomes almost impossible. On the hand, remember not to devote so much time to your business that you completely neglect your family.
So how do you manage such a critical situation?
The key issues are simple yet very effective. Intensive communication and time management are the keys to considerably minimize such conflicts.
Here are some tips to help you maintain a healthy balance:
1. If you are just starting out, ensure that you have an additional source of income such as a part time job to cover your basic living expenses until your online business takes off.
2. Be honest and tell your partner about your desire to succeed, your ambitions and your reasons for running your own business.
3. Explain that setting up and running a business whether online or offline needs a lot of time and effort to get it off the ground before your start to reap the rewards.
4. Explain the benefits of working from home such as saving on rent, travel time and being able to set your own hours.
5. Keep your partner well informed of your business progress, your ups and downs, your tears and joys. Share with them your business stories.
6. Ask for their help, opinion on certain issues, like their opinion on your website design, your sales letter, and your ideas. Make them feel part of your business and their opinion is important to you.
7. Organize your time, share your morning coffee with them, your lunch, and give them your full attention when you are with them… Of course they will get mad if the first thing you do once you wake up in the morning is rush to your PC ignoring them...
8. Don’t be selfish, always put yourself in their shoes, we all need love and attention whether males or females.
9. Set time limits and a work schedule to accommodate your families’ needs, you don’t need to work 24 hours seven days a week.
10. Help with the house chores, look after the kids, especially if your partner is working out side home.
11. Spend your time online ONLY to grow your business even if you have to give up other interesting things for a start. If you have a spare hour, spend it with your partner not surfing the net.
12. No matter how much your love your partner or they love you, one of the reasons that trouble gets initiated is the fact that your are seeing too much of each other especially if your partner is not working, so why not consider renting a small office or share an office with a friend where you can go and work there during the day.
13. Time spent with your partner should be well spent, give them your full attention no matter how busy you are with your business, make a habit of going out together for dinner once a week, or even book a room in a hotel at least once a month (if you are making enough money online, well… you should be if you are spending endless hours on your computer).
14. Once you start making money online ... show them the benefits.
15. Why not consider introducing the online business to your partner, who knows maybe they will be the next online guru.
One last advice and please keep it in your mind:
YOU DONT WANT TO GAIN A BUSINESS AND LOSE A PARTNER OR A FAMILY